20Jul / 2018
On Wednesday 4th July (U.S. Independence Day) elected officers and primary members met to launch the British Verification Council (BVC).
Having recognised the need for an autonomous body that can establish and promote best practice for ground gas protection measures, the BVC has been formed with the aim of endorsing professionalism, continuous development and a culture of excellence within the industry.
- Implement and maintain standardised practice for installation and verification of ground gas protection measures
- Encourage continuous improvement for practitioners within the field
- Demonstrate excellence and a commitment to constantly raising standards
- Provide a central point of contact for information and guidance on ground gas protection measures
- Influence regulators with a means to protecting public and environmental health
The BVC website will be made live in September as a platform for members, prospective NVQ students and interested parties to access educational and practical informational. The organisation is already starting to embed within the industry and has been asked to present to a selection of influential organisations.
An OFQUAL approved NVQ (Level 4) in ground gas protection is currently going through the approval process. The ‘Verification of Gas Protection Measures’, with the Property Care Association (PCA) as the administrating body, will be a driving force behind the BVC’s aim of standardising practice for ground gas protection measures.
- Design principles and application for construction in the built environment
- Materials for construction in the built environment
- Health, safety and welfare in the construction environment
- Principles of construction and maintenance of buildings
- Confirming work meets quality standards in the workplace
- Verification and inspection of ground gas protection systems
- Principles of regulatory control procedures and legislation
Anyone wishing to apply for the ‘Verification of Gas Protection Measures’ NVQ should contact Jade Stocker at the PCA.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of the BVC should contact Ben Crowther at GGS.
Find out more about GGS independent verification services, please click here.